Wednesday, May 1, 2013

His Needs, Her Needs

So I've been thinking a lot the past few days about marriage and what a huge deal it is. We've been married almost 2 months and its like we've been living together and really enjoying being married, but not really focusing on our marriage and building our relationship. We are both working so much and trying to still get settled into our apartment that we have hardly had anytime to focus on us. Crazy, yes, but I can't believe I am just now realizing it.

We were talking about it today and ways to grow closer together and also closer to God and I think we've decided to start reading a book together. A sweet couple from our church gave us the book "His Needs, Her Needs" as a wedding gift and we are going to start setting time aside each day to read it together. We are also both going to individually focus more on our devotion time and spending more time seeking God's will for us both. Hopefully, the book and our devotion times will help us put more focus into our relationships with God and also with each other. 


I love my husband more than anything on this earth and I'm so excited that we are "one," I hope and pray that 20, 30, 100 years down the road we will still be so happily and madly in love. I want to make sure to do everything I can to make that happen by putting it in God's hand and making our marriage a priority

<3 Mrs.

No comments: