Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Baby Sophia

Hey Y'all, well my plan today was to jump right in to telling you all about our amazing trip to Washington, DC and I will do that probably tomorrow but tonight I need to ask for some serious praying on behalf of baby Sophia.

Remember Friday I told you about my best friend who was having a baby this weekend? Well yesterday little Sophia was born at 11:08 AM weighing 7'11. An absolutely gorgeous baby!


She seemed like a very healthy baby at birth, but at 9:00 last night, x-rays showed that her lungs were not fully inflating and she was immediately moved to NICU and put on oxygen to help increase her oxygen level and lung capacity.

Today after many tests, it was determined that this precious newborn has a heart defect causing her aorta to pump blood only to her lungs thereby flooding those little lungs. After this discovery, she was transported to a local children's hospital and is now awaiting open heart surgery early in the morning.

I am asking, if you are reading this that you would call down angels to surround this precious gift. Please join me in believing for a miracle for Sophia and peace and comfort for her family during these trying times.

Tonight I am sitting at her house taking care of her 13 month old brother. He is fast asleep now. I am believing in faith that this little boy will be able to see his perfectly healthy little sister come home one day soon.

Be Blessed Y'all!


No comments: