Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday Morning

My favorite thing to do on the weekends is just relax and unwind from the busy week. Most Saturdays that is NOT an option, but today I decided it would be. This morning I've focused on making my blog look presentable while laying in bed in my pajamas. It's been so wonderful :)

It may seem crazy that Greg and I aren't off adventuring somewhere like we love to do, but at Greg's current job he works every other weekend. His schedule is 12 1/2 hour shifts rotating every 2-3 days. It sucks because he was off Thursday and Friday while I was working and now I'm off for 2 days while he is working. We cherish those weekends we are off together and I take advantage of the quiet time around the house when he is working. Actually, I should be up right now straightening the house because we have company coming over tonight!

I'm so excited because Greg's best man/best friend and his wife are coming over for dinner and to see our new place. We haven't really had a lot of guests over yet because we are taking FOREVER to get things in order and place the way that we like it. We are still decorating and hanging pictures and we've been here over a month already (its embarrassing, i know). There are so many little things holding us back from just getting it done like money, getting pictures printed, and wanting to spend every single moment of free time we have together relaxing. So today, my plan is to get up and start working on some of the projects that can easily be completed before they come over tonight. Eeek, I may be in over my head with things to do today!! Not to mention, I STILL haven't figured out what I'm cooking tonight and I'll need to go grocery shopping to figure that out! It's going to be a busy day once I get out of bed!

Ooo I almost forgot! Tonight is my little (not so little) brother and sister's senior prom! I almost cannot believe that they are graduating next month. My sister chose not to go to prom, but my brother and his girlfriend are going. I can remember when I was a senior going to prom and all the mixed emotions of graduating and it finally being the end of high school. I know they will have a wonderful time and I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories of how wonderful the night is!

Okay…I'm getting up and getting to work now! Have a blessed Saturday!

<3 Mrs.

No comments: