Monday, May 20, 2013

Time for the Weekend Recap

Hey Y'all! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I know I did, I didn't want it to end! It was definitely a busy and bumpy weekend, but still great.

{Thursday}I'm starting with Thursday because we celebrated 2 months of being married by going to dinner at one of our area's BEST Italian restaurants, Portofino's.  I had chicken parmigiana and Greg had lasagna. It was so delicious!! After that we went to the movies to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. I can't believe I'm saying this because I never thought I would, but I LOVED the movie. It was so good and now I want to go back and watch the show to see if its similar. The movie had suspense, romance, intrigue, and a great storyline. 

{Friday} We joined my family at my brother's baseball game once again. It was a very intense game and unfortunately my brother's team lost and was knocked out from the state tournament. We always have a great time at the games hanging out with family and friends that we've met at the game. It's also cool to see so many people of our town coming out to see the high school team and cheer them on.

{Saturday} Greg was working so I had the day to myself :) That morning I helped serve at the Youth Parent Breakfast at our church. Nothing like waking up at the crack of dawn to cut fruit and crack eggs!  After a busy morning at the breakfast, I met my parents for lunch at Qdoba (YUMM!). Once I got home I got to do one of my FAVORITE things, take a much needed nap. Oh man, I wish I could take a nap every day! Saturday night Greg went fishing and one of my friends came over to see our apartment and hang out. {side note: I have had a great week connecting with all my close friends and rekindling some old friendships, how exciting!}  Also Sunday while Greg was still fishing, I got HOOKED on Scandal!  I literally watched the entire first season in one night, it is sooo good. Seriously, watch it!

{Sunday} Greg was feeling sickly when he got home from fishing and when we woke up Sunday morning so he stayed home from work. We spent the whole day watching movies and spending every second together. I was seriously soaking every second up, dang I love my husband :) Here are the movies we watched and my opinion:



Prometheus: I guess Greg tried to trick me into watching this because I DO NOT watch scary movies. Anyways, I fell asleep about 10 minutes in and didn't have to deal with scary parts. Greg seemed to enjoy it though and said it was scary enough that he just didn't wake me up ;)

Ted: Just no. Some of the "bathroom humor" was funny but after 5 minutes of that and a crappy storyline, we ended up turning the movie off. Just not interesting if you aren't into potty mouths 



Silver Linings Playbook: We both LOVED this movie! It wasn't at all what I thought it would be, but I love movies with mental illness ties. I guess it's the psychology major in me. The movie was witty and awkwardly romantic. We had a blast watching this movie.


Okay enough of my movie reviews from this weekend. I'm looking forward to the rest of this week and what's in store. I actually made a blog schedule for this week so I can stay on track and blog more during the week. Keep an eye for a post about my favorite things, a new weekly update, and other exciting stories! 

Be Blessed and Happy Blogging!


No comments: