Thursday, May 9, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner

So I LOVE having breakfast for dinner! Call me crazy, but there's something exciting about coming home from work and frying up some eggs and bacon and for the first time ever tonight, FRENCH TOAST!

Yes, that's right. I made french toast for the first time ever! If you know me, I grew up eating french toast every time I went to my grandparents, it was like one of my favorite foods from my childhood. And I decided tonight that I was going to look up a recipe and make it. First of all, it is THE easiest thing in the world to make so I feel stupid for not making it sooner and thinking it was some crazy culinary experiment. Second, I must say , my french toast was pretty amazing and I will definitely be making it more often!

The recipe I used was off of a random google search and included 4 eggs, a dash of salt, a teaspoon of sugar, and a cup of milk. Mix all that together and soak slices of bread in it and let it cook on a griddle or frying pan on medium heat until the eggs are cooked through.

Seriously, the BEST thing since sliced bread!!

We were hanging out with some kids from church tonight and they LOVED it as well, ate it all up in literally 5 minutes!

On a totally different note…I'm so excited for this weekend!! My hubby is off all weekend AND its Mother's Day and I can't wait to celebrate it with my mom :) She is seriously my best friend!

Tomorrow's Friday…YAY!

As always, Be Blessed and Happy Blogging :)



No comments: