Monday, June 10, 2013

Proverbs 3:5-6


Today was a hard day for me. I've been waiting to hear back from a job interview from last Monday and thought that hopefully they would call today and I haven't heard yet. I'm sure they will call any day now and I am really looking forward to it. While I was browsing pinterest today I came across this verse and I just about lost it. It is so hard for me to give up control of anything in my life. It has seriously caused me a lot of frustration and anxiety over the years because I want things to happen how and when I want them too. I had to check my heart tonight especially after reading this verse because I haven't let God have control of this aspect of my life. I want to just push myself to get the job and I'm really let down when things don't go as I have them planned in my head. The problem is my view is so limited and finite and God sees the whole picture. I have GOT to trust Him and know that His way and timing are always going to prevail.

Lord, I don't want to figure it out on my own anymore. Teach me to stay on your track and follow you regardless of what I can see and what my plans are. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: