Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Today is a special day celebrating fathers worldwide! I feel so blessed to have such a great earthly father that has taught me everything about being a godly man and father for his family. My dad's commitment and unfailing love for his family has taught me what it is like to trust and love my heavenly father. I look up to my dad for many things, but most importantly for the Christ-like attitude he has in every situation in life. I know so many people have lost their fathers or aren't close to them and it truly makes me feel blessed to have the love and support of my dad through think and thin.

My dad has also shown my mother the utmost respect and love throughout their marriage which played a huge role in the man that I married. I am so thankful for the man that Greg is and I know that one day he will be a great father to our children. Yall, God has really blessed me with some awesome men in my life!

I look back on our wedding day and remembering the moment when my dad walked me down the aisle is a moment I will never forget. I held on to my dad for dear life, but couldn't keep my eyes off my soon to be husband. I was awestruck by the events that were taking place. Our wedding day was such a blur with everything happening so fast, but I literally feel like time stopped for those few minutes as I walked down the aisle. As my dad gave me away he gave Greg his blessing. He said "Today I am not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a son". Those words meant the world to me and they still do everyday. I am so thankful for the support of my parents throughout our relationship and marriage.

I have been and always will be my daddy's little girl whether I'm 5, 25, or 50. He will always be my first love. I love you Dad!


No comments: