Monday, July 15, 2013

Taking "me" time

Sometimes it is essential to take time for ourselves. The past 2 weeks, I have had to take a step back and really put focus in on my marriage, a new job, my health, and life in general. Greg and I have really had to take life by the handle lately and focus on what is most important and where our future is taking us. For me, my new job has been a huge leap in the right direction. I'm working at a place where I have the potential to learn and grow. I feel like I could make a career at this company. To say the least, I am in love with my job and the people I am working with. I honestly feel like God has placed in this position to help others and to find my place and purpose. I'm really bonding with the girls I'm working with while also pushing myself to learn everything I can about this job. I'm right where I am supposed to be.


In other news, Greg and I are growing closer each and every day. Marriage is harder than I ever imagined, but it is also more rewarding than I imagined. I'm learning so much about myself through this adventure. Being married has taught me to be selfless to my husband and also to be selfless as Christ is. Showing love even when I don't want to is easier said than done, but our marriage is teaching me that the best feelings come from seeing your spouse smile. I love Greg more and more each day.

My last post, 2 weeks ago, was about becoming healthier and putting more focus on eating right and staying active. This transition has not really taken off like it should though. I've come to the conclusion that I love food and I love eating. This may seem common for everyone, but having a life that revolves around eating is not healthy. Every schedule resolves around eating, cooking, meeting for dinner, having a snack. Literally, food is all around us. My problem is always wanting more. If I order a fast food meal I want to up-size it. If there is a regular or small choice, I always go for regular. If there are low calorie options, I definitely skip those. I always get soda at restaurants and I always feel like I need more. What is wrong with me? How do I fix this? I haven't quite figured out a solution, but I'm determined to be more conscious of my decisions and do what I can to be satisfied with less.

I have realized over the past 2 weeks that taking time for myself is definitely necessary. I have to focus on myself and the goals for my own life so I can be the most successful in my job, my marriage, and my life as a whole. I also have to realize that this life is not my own and I should always being doing everything for the glory of God. He is the reason for everything that has happened in my life and I owe it all to Him. As I slowly transition into blogging more, I know that I have to keep the focus of my life and my blog on Him. I want to be His vessel in every area of my life so that someone else may come to know Him.I want to do everything to the best of my ability to bring Him glory.







No comments: